Ministry of Mischief
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repeating The Year

2 posters

Go down

Repeating The Year  Empty Repeating The Year

Post by Simon Blackwell Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:23 pm

dark clouds were forming above the long cone shaped roofs of the towers that were scattered along the Hogwarts castle and thunder raged in the sky, bad weather was on the way.
just simon’s luck to be late, that’s the last time he’d fall asleep on the train on the way down.

he dragged the large trunk, which held his supplies behind him along the dirt road that led to the front gates and there awaited professor flitwick, who observed Simon with Judging eyes at first before the 17 year old student reached the gate

“it’s about time, wondered where you got to” he blurted out and looked down at the clipboard in front of him, Simon just stood there with a look of guilt washing over his features and he stood there for a moment waiting for the rather Small Teacher to speak again “name?”

simon furrowed his brows “professor it’s me... simon, don’t you remember?” “yes but I still have to ask, name?” the dark haired student sighed “Simon, Anthony Blackwell” he uttered and flitwick looked down checking the list, before nodding and gestured for Simon to carry on ahead.

he went through the normal procedures of filch, rummaging around and checking that Simon wasn’t up to anything underhanded, before he just gave him one of them grumpy mumbles and sent him on his way.

after that was done, Simon wasted no time in getting to the castle and head straight for the Dorm, to change into his uniform and Gryffindor robes, and with that he exited the room and proceeded on down the hall, giving his fellow Gryffindors a nod of greetings as he went past some of them and continued on his way to the great hall.

“I’m starving” he mumbled to himself.
Simon Blackwell
Simon Blackwell
Gryffindor
Gryffindor

Humor : The Biggest Goof, you will ever meet

Back to top Go down

Repeating The Year  Empty Re: Repeating The Year

Post by Ron Weasley Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Their trip had taken a few hours, and as easy as that, the youngest among the Weasley brothers was as tired as hell. So many things ran through the boy's mind. It was safe to say the day they infiltrated the Ministry, things just went worse. So when the new term started, it was rather comforting that they had made their way to Hogwarts, their safe haven. But for how long would it stay safe, he wondered? And no doubt his friends thought the same.

Sometimes, Ron almost wished he had been just as ignorant as some of these people here. He had been almost jealous, that his classmates had only felt the wrath of Umbridge. Nothing too bad, nothing like what he's seen anyway. But somehow he knew it was only a matter of time, a few months perhaps, until their ignorance would end. The dark lord was rising, and he knew he had to keep calm and continue on, he had to support Harry. He had to protect everything and everyone he loved.

The weather surrounding the castle seemed to think the same. Gone was the clear night sky he had constantly seen as each year passed, instead, they were greeted by the dark clouds forming. Thunder crackled along the sky, a sure chance that there would definitely be a storm fast approaching. How fortunate they were this evening.

Ron let out a small frustrated sigh as he dragged his trunk along the rough stone way, looking at Hogwarts now seemed almost depressing. How he wished he was in first year again. Then again, those years were just as bad too.

A comforting hand slowly made its way to his shoulder, and as he suspected, it was Mione who initiated it. It didn't take much to soothe him, and having one of his best friend do just that made his thoughts dissipate almost instantly. Only a nod was given in reply.

They got past Flitwick, and managed to get through the Great Hall without much delay. Unlike its exterior, as soon as the Great Hall doors opened, it looks entirely different.

Gone was the melancholic feel that Ronald had just before he entered. Seeing familiar faces, the warm inviting light, the sound of endless chattering and laughter that surrounded the whole hall was just the pick-me-up he needed. He greeted people he knew; Seamus, Dean, Neville, Luna all the while before he got to sit down, right next to Simon.

A sigh quickly escaped his lips as he caught what his housemate said. "I know what you mean; can't they sort people AFTER we eat?" He whined, but quickly stopped as soon as he saw Hermione's disapproving look.

They better sort the new comers fast.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley
Gryffindor
Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Blackwell Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Simon took in a deep breath and exhaled deeply as his blue eyes drifted up towards the end of the Great hall, where the Teachers sat and a stood placed just in the middle with mcgonagall standing by the side of it holding the sorting hat, which was still inanimate at the moment, while her eyes peered through her glasses as she examined the list before her.

suddenly the concentration was broken by the sound of a familiar voice, Simon turned and beheld Ronald Weasley, he smiled brightly and gave a small nod “heya Ron, Hermione” he uttered and placed his hands flat upon the table and peered over to the end of the room one more time

“I know, but let’s look on the bright side, the food will taste all the sweeter” he uttered, he could practically taste chicken, the Jelly and buttered bread and for a moment it looked like he was in a trance while thinking about it, but soon enough he snapped out of it and shook his head, bringing his Gaze back to Ron

“so how have you been Ron? and um” he paused for a moment and rubbed the back of his neck slightly “how has um... Harry been? read the newspapers and well...” his words trailed off and a soft sigh replaced the unspoken words
Simon Blackwell
Simon Blackwell
Gryffindor
Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Weasley Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:54 pm

"Simon," Both Hermione and Ron replied in greeting before they took their seats. It was almost unbelievable how the lass continued to act like a typical bookworm, even in times like this. As soon as they both took their seats, Mione immediately quipped herself with a book, and read. In her defense though, being the new prefect, that didn't really give her enough time to read during the train ride anyhow, and as for Harry's whereabouts? He said something about having to talk to Dumbledore. Knowing what happened on summer, he decided not to press the issue further. That would just anger Harry all the more.

"I suppose that's enough reason to wait. I wonder if they have that roast turkey, or those beautiful lamb shanks they served last year," He mused, his attention directly towards the crockery in front of him, and the lack of food that came along with it. His stomach was churning out of hunger, then again, it's all just a matter of time until they would have the feast they have longed waited for and looking at Simon, he was almost sure he was thinking the same. Ron just chuckled in amusement.

Ron looked at Simon as soon as he paused, waiting for him to finish his sentence. As soon as he left the lingering note, he knew what his mate was on about. "I've had better days, he started as he quickly thought about what he had been thinking about just awhile ago. "I can't say that it's been a good summer; my definition of that would be all around quidditch with the family. As for Harry, he started, looking at Hermione quickly to check if it was safe to delve such information, "He's been alright. He's just off to see Dumbledore, 'tis all. Just don't believe what the Prophet says, that Rita Skeeter woman doesn't know what she's on about."

A sigh could be heard to his left, clearly, Hermione thought the exact same thing.

"Enough about us, how have you been, mate? Your dad alright? Considering what's happened to the ministry recently."
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley
Gryffindor
Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Blackwell Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:41 pm

at the sound of Ronald chortle of amusement, Simon couldn’t help but Nudge his old mate’s arm a little in response, with a soft laugh of his own passing his lips and then turned his attention to the Newcomers who went past and were ready to be sorted into their house

Simon looked at ron out the corner of his eye and gradually let his Attention turn to him and listened to what he said, he leaned forward upon the table and sighed, it had been ages since he had even watched or played a game of quidditch, he then watched Ron and how he glanced over to Hermione for a moment and resumed talking, Simon sighed and nodded his head “I can imagine it’s been a frustrating time for the both of them and ugh don’t get me started on the Prophet, they speak nothing but a load of bul-” he paused for a moment before clearing his throat and straightening up his robes “tripe” he finished off

it was silent for a moment between the three and then Ron spoke, Simon arched his brow and a faint smile curled on his lips “he’s been alright, but the Daily prophet has been getting on his nerves lately, specially what they had been writing about harry and dumbledore... and he had a hard time at work because...well he believed you-know-who really did come back”

he chuckled slightly and shook his head “sadly, it’s probably going take some time to fix things up out there, but I bet you one thing” he said his smile growing wider “Dad is going to make sure, he reminds everyone who doubted harry was wrong” the smile soon faded and he simon looked At ron, a small hint of Concern hidden in his blue eyes

“I...it’s going to be like before... isn’t it? Dad has told me about what happened before with... you-know-who... with the death eaters and the Order...”
Simon Blackwell
Simon Blackwell
Gryffindor
Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Weasley Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:21 am

"Frustrating doesn't even begin to describe it mate, he's off his rocker, that Dumbledore. We don't even know where to begin explaining. Good save, though." Ron replied, shaking his head as his hands made their way through the cutlery, tinkering with it at moments time, food continuously lingered through his mind among other things.

With all these thoughts about the upcoming war though, it was definitely a relief to have someone talk about something lighter for a change; that being the family. Eugene Blackwell had always been welcomed in the burrow, why Ron remembered the man having visited them there rather frequently. To know that he was alright despite what had transpired within the Ministry was definitely something he could joyfully eat to should there have been food on the table.

"Too right he's back. There are two types of people in this world: those in denial, and those who accept what's happening. I'm glad Uncle's the latter. But you make sure, he's alright, yeah? We need you lot to visit soon; I hear Bill's been seeing a Beauxbatons lassie and knowing Bill, the wedding won't be too far behind." This was probably the safest way to warn his good mate with out divulging much information if any at all. Everyone knew about the Ministry infiltration, everyone was slowly starting to find out about the dark lord, but what they didn't know was how serious everything actually was at this point of time. Only a few knew about what really happened that day, and the sad part is: they can't say anything about it either, having to keep everything a secret to avoid outsiders from listening into any conversation.

Ronald's thoughts quickly dissipated the moment he took notice of Simon's worried expression on his face, and he had to pause for a moment, having lacked the words for a reply. "I haven't been that long to know how it was like back then, but there's a high chance it's going to be just like that if we don't stop it as early as now. But with Harry around, I reckon it's going to be fine. By the way, whatever happened to that yule date of yours? That--bloody Slytherin."
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley
Gryffindor
Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Blackwell Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:16 am

a faint smile tried his best to form on the lips of the 17 year old Wizard, but as much as he tried it didn’t look all that convincing, as just one little thought sparked millions of others in his mind, each one planting their seeds of doubt, where they were not needed.

he folded his arms and just stared at the cutlery upon the table for some moments, before his dark blue eyes shifted over to the red headed male beside him as he spoke more about the return of the Dark Lord and how some didn’t want to face such a harsh reality “you should've seen my dad that night at the Triwizard Tournament, the moment Harry and Cedric came back with the Trophy... his face lit up like a big Christmas tree and then when Harry said... when he said that... you know who was back... it looked like all colour ran from my Father’s face... never seen him like that Ron... never” uttered Simon, his voice barely a whisper, all the while the sound of the new students being sorted into houses was nothing but a faint sound within the background.

he furrowed his eyebrows at the mentioning of william Weasley, who was also known as Bill “your brother Bill?” he asked a little dimly and tilted his head to the side somewhat “bit of a bad time for a wedding isn’t it?” he took his attention away for a moment and peered into the distance, before shrugging his shoulders “I suppose it would be something nice, to take our mind off current events for a little while”

he pushed his plate a distance away from him, to make room to lean upon the surface of the table and scanned the room as another Student was called out, gradually Simon let his sights turn back to Ron and his expression change, it seemed like one of disappointment, but yet a smudge of hope was there “yeah... yeah you’re right and Ron... I know I might not be the most skilled Wizard in Hogwarts, but if... he... comes here... you can be guaranteed that I would stand and fight alongside you, Harry and Hermione”

a soft smile curled his lips and a soft breath passed them as he looked on ahead at the entrance of the great hall “you mean Liz?” he asked at first and then furrowed his brows, almost bordering on a frown “I...I think she was Expelled, not quite sure why, I heard it might of been because of-”

Simon’s words were cut off, by the loud crashing and smashing of Cupplery hitting the hard stone floor, most the people and that included the new comers turned to see a teenage girl with red hair, pale skin and had wide eyes like she were a deer caught in the headlights.

“Miss Baker” said mcgonagall as she stared at the girl “could you please take a seat, we are sorting out the first year students” Edith smiled nervously and nodded her head “y-yes of course professor mcgonagall” she went to hunker down and pick up the stuff she had knocked over but mcgonagall intervened again “leave that miss Baker and just take a seat”

Edith smiled a again and nodded and waved shyly to the first year students, who looked at her with utter bewilderment as she went across the room and over to the hufflepuff table and took a seat.
Simon had the same bewildered expression as the first year students “um well...” he uttered and just shook his head “anyway...um yeah, I heard it might of been something to do with an argument she had with Sloan in Class... but still... expelling her seems a bit harsh, don’t ya think?”
Simon Blackwell
Simon Blackwell
Gryffindor
Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Weasley Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Ron stayed there silent, uncharacteristically of him not touching his food. Taking sips of his pumpkin juice instead as he continued to listen to Simon about his dad. Undeniably enough, Ron could feel his own heart sink, for he too felt the same when that moment came. As soon as Harry came back, cheers echoed along the Hogwarts stands. Why, he remembered how both Hermione stood up and cheered on with a wide grin spread across her face. But just like that, it vanished just as instantly. Turning his attention to his best friend, he realized that things were anything but fine. That bastard got to him, and he got to Cedric too.

"I know. He started, looking at Hermione for a moment or so but seeing she has already left, "But that's another reason to get back at the bastard." Ron muttered, clenching his fists for a moment or so before letting out a small sigh. Harry had been having those dreams, he told him and Hermione all about it, and though they didn't take it lightly, they also didn't leave the possibility that that was all it was: a dream. In the end, one casualty had happened, and really who was to blame? Sometimes, the responsibility got to the young lad, and within reason. They were fourteen at the time. If really shouldn't be worrying much about these things! Instead they could have passed their adolescent lives like normal witches and wizards, play Quidditch without having to worry about dementors, beat the crap out of ferret face, fall in love, and have those bickering moments with Mione. NOT having to fight against something as big as the Dark Lord himself. Yet despite the petty squabbles going on in his head, he also knew for a fact that he wouldn't want to see anyone else endangered. Especially his sister, his family.

Upon hearing Simon amidst his deep thinking, Ron snapped his face back to the red head man and grinned, "Yeah, well you know Bill. Likes danger and all the rest of it. And he is after all marrying that Half-Veela girl from the Triwizard tournament, so that's saying something, right? And it is. Like I said, you and Uncle can come along and have fun, even bring a date--just not that Slytherin."

Ronald didn't really know what to say to Simon about the matter of the Slytherin girl. In all honesty, he thought the guy was really nice, and having him interested in a Slytherin just made everything all too confusing for him. I mean really, affiliating with a bloody Slytherin that are in good terms with Parkinson and her posy? Ron almost knew that that was never going to end well. He did however, found out exactly what happened to the girl, courtesy of Luna, of course.

Sloan just didn't like the way she talked back, that and the fact that she openly hexed the Professor point blank, but even if Ron hated all Slytherin students' guts, he knew that Sloan had it coming to him. "Hmm I suppose... But having hexed a Professor isn't exactly the best way to let yourself stay in Hogwarts, you know?"
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley
Gryffindor
Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down