Ministry of Mischief
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ocean Floors For Everything

Go down

Ocean Floors For Everything Empty Ocean Floors For Everything

Post by Guest Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:51 pm

It was a new year, evidently.

Caleb was older but none the wiser. He still conducted himself to petty displays of arrogance with Sloan, he still forgot to make his bed and worst of all, he still liked one of his students. Like however, was a mere understatement. But no matter, Caleb simply could not issue any sort of word that described his feelings whole-heartedly to Elizabeth. He was no Sloan, he was no cradle snatcher but with his lingering feelings towards Elizabeth... what exactly did that make him?

"I'm too tired for this shit."

He was situated in his classroom by the Astronomy Tower, brooding over a few fourth year essays that he had yet to mark. Beautiful, he likes to call her. Barely, rarely, beautiful. She is the light of his life, the life of his loins, his sin, his soul (Lolita?). And Caleb shuddered to himself, a feeble attempt to focus such intoxicated desires along the back of his mind. He placed a head in his hand, his brow furrowed. His mind was hazy with a thin film of dust, lost in a conductive multitude of lust, of longing, of...

The door flung open, startling the professor incredulously.

Back to top Go down

Ocean Floors For Everything Empty Re: Ocean Floors For Everything

Post by ADMIN JACK Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:38 pm

"Professor?" An inquisitive tone echoed the classroom as green eyes locked dead-set towards the only being present.

A year has passed since the incident with Sloan, since the nightmare she had to live just to get out of her parent's grasp permanently, a year that Professor Caleb had given her hope to get back up to her feet.

It was quite a shock for her really, at the time. She wasn't sure if it was dumb luck that they had encountered each other then, or if it was fate. Elizabeth preferred the former theory.

There were a lot of things going through her head at the moment. Another year has passed and in a few more months she would finally leave Hogwarts, she would finally be free from that string that holds her back from living the life she wanted, leaving the very place that had given her security and hope.

This was no problem for her, though. She had experienced enough goodbyes to continue on, she had been independent for the year that's passed, and this would be no different--except for the fact that there was one person holding her back.

"Would this be... A good time to talk? If you're busy, I could always come back later on." She spoke louder this time, trying to overpower the deafening sound of her heart beating. She was surprised that no one else could hear it.

She always had a thing for this professor, even way back. But a thing was a thing. She eventually got over it and had relationships, something on the sides, and a couple casuals here and there, but it never got serious. Now that that part of her life was over, and since he took her under his wing (so to speak) during that night at Marty's, things changed.

She changed. She liked him. And to her, this was bad.

ADMIN JACK
Admin
Admin

Humor : SITE OWNER.

https://ministryofmischief.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:51 pm

It was her, standing in the doorway sunlight shining between her thighs. He felt his throat clamp, his brow sweat. But he did not act upon anything but instead, kept his brisk manner firm. Was he born cold? No, he was born a professional. He was born prim and linear and sensible and... But she was standing there, in front of him. He recalled her dropping out, him attempting to assure that she needed an education to retrieve a proper income. It had been in vain however, for she had left and what Caleb was to think was his last time ever laying eyes on his nymphet.

But here she was, again.

She was melting him, ruining him, churning his perfectly manufactured mind into messy sheets of indolent irresponsibility. But he pushed the devils to the back of his mind and twisted a small grin to his face. "Ah, Ms Lyonheart, no, no it's fine. Is there something bothering you?"

He tried to act casual but instead it felt like he was choking on lead.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN JACK Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:12 pm

Ever since that incident at the brothel, and ever since she got back into Hogwarts, Elizabeth had felt comfort in telling Caleb some things she wouldn't normally tell others. He probably didn't know it, but when an occasion arises, it almost feels like Caleb was like her confidant. The fact that they shared something in secret, just made her felt good, like he was just hers and no one else's. Though he would never know that.

The young lass entered the classroom and sat on one of the chairs, near enough to let him hear her speak softly, but far from reach. She chewed on her lip, contemplating about what to say next.

"I'm thinking about travelling." She started, her green eyes wandering aimlessly. Looking towards every direction but his. "If I'm lucky, I'd like to experience the dragons--in Romania. I've heard it's amazing there."

She paused, finally finding his own orbs. "Do you think I could do it?"

/Do you want me to leave? I want to see some reaction in your eyes./

Those were the actual thoughts running through her head.

Last edited by Elizabeth Lyonheart on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

ADMIN JACK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:21 pm

"To Romania?" He echoed, eyeing her with content. He could see her doing that, perhaps the new culture would be pleasant for her. With a pang, he realized how young she was and how... not young he was in return. Sure, Caleb was still in his late twenties but that made little difference to the fact that Elizabeth had her whole life set out for her.

Nevertheless, he allowed a smile to flicker over his face, although the warmth didn't quite reach his usually dulcet brown eyes. "That sounds like a great idea, I'm sure you can do it. I think you'd need good enough marks to pass in charms, transfiguration, herbology, ancient runes and care of magical creatures if I'm not aware." He said informatively, finding himself drawn to her. He allowed his gaze to flicker over Liz and once again, he was sorely reminded about her age. And his age.

And now it could never work.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN JACK Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:32 pm

The more she listened, the more she felt her heart sinking bit by bit. Elizabeth couldn't help but snort towards her thoughts. Who does she think she is, really? To actually think a teacher would be interested in her the way she is towards him? 'This isn't fair,' She thought idly as she watched her professor talking about the subjects she needed to excel in. Then again, since when was life ever fair towards her?

Silence filled the room as soon as Professor Caleb stopped talking. Elizabeth wasn't looking at him at this point, as she was rather interested in other things. Such as the lovely copper-crested telescope before her.

"I see." She muttered, before letting out a rather bitter chuckle despite herself, "I think I've got that covered. Ancient runes hasn't been my /strongest/ subject, though." She looked up and let out a rather sad smile as she gently reached for the telescope, lightly grazing her fingers along its scope.

"I think I'm going to miss this, Professor." She muttered softly, choosing her words carefully as she continued to speak. "It's not everyday that I get to meet someone like you."

ADMIN JACK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:00 am

Caleb didn't know what to say. Flattered he was, but also horrified. Because in all, he wasn't what Elizabeth thought him to be. And that sort of hurt- evidently. He gave her withering look, sternly adjusting his collar. "Ms Lyonheart, that isn't something you should say to a Professor." He barked, but his throat caught fire and his quill quivered in his hand.

It wasn't something that you should have said to a professor, and she wasn't something that a professor should want.

/crap bye.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN JACK Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:16 pm

Elizabeth's attention finally withered from the telescope, now slowly drifting towards the professor--no, the man in front of her. She thought that the words she said were harmless, just a little bit of a hint here and there, but it could have depicted anything. Perhaps it was her tone that made it too obvious. The slight quiver in her voice as she mentioned the word 'miss', or perhaps it was just the fact that the way she said it may have been filled with so much sadness, so much longing. Either way, he caught it, and as he retorted, she felt her cheeks warming up.

"I'm just saying, she spoke with her voice raised just a bit high, "That it's not everyday I get to know someone that would go out of their way to pick me up from a rough patch and talk to me like nothing has happened." She paused, letting out a small sigh. "Thank you, Professor." She spoke softly looking down at what she had on her other hand. A muggle book, "The Little Prince."

Wishful thinking had been a bitch, and it always will be.

ADMIN JACK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:00 pm

"That's just what a professor does. His assurance for students are what he is paid for. We are here to guide you through life at your fickle age, shouldn't you be aware of that?" Caleb said stiffly, now bending his head to continue with his marking. The more bitter he spoke to Elizabeth, the more he attempted to reassure that it was for the best. Because he had to get this sick, sick, sick emotion out of his mind. It tantalized his soul and rotted his innards, allowing vermin to gnaw at the residue. He cast his eyes on his work, not even daring to look up.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN JACK Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Ouch. That touched a nerve.

"You were obligated to." She muttered, biting her lips before letting out another sigh. It was painfully awkward, this silence yet somehow Elizabeth just tried to compose herself. She wasn't even confessing to him or anything, but the way she felt, the way he just dismissed her again and again, it just got to her. It hurt. It felt like she was.

"Yes, I suppose this is always the case, isn't it?" Her voice was soft, but etched with icy bitterness.

"I'm sorry for interrupting then, Professor." She muttered, placing the book gently in his desk before walking away, having every intention to probably just scream in frustration afterwards.

ADMIN JACK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:52 am

La Petit Prince.

It was a book his sister read for him often and in turn, a book he would often read for his niece. He sighed audibly, picking up the book. Perhaps he had been a little too harsh- she after all, was a mere girl herself. A girl being enveloped into the darkness of a woman. He felt guilty, for Caleb could sense the bitterness embedded upon Elizabeth's tone. His eyes traced the books spine before he burrowed his head in his hand and counted from ten to three.

"Elizabeth." He stated plainly at the retreating figure. Her name, that was all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum